Steel is a key ingredient in almost all construction and infrastructure. It is vital for nation-building and essential for economic growth. General national economic conditions are positive and stable, with a healthy rate of employment growth in all States and expectations of a lower unemployment rate, as the non-mining sector and public infrastructure investments increase.
We have found a strong domestic building and construction industry means steel businesses have the security in knowing the steel products they require will be available through a flexible, short, secure and high-quality supply chain that cannot be matched by imports, which in turn leads to lower project costs.
Based on the past seven years when speaking to steel businesses serving the Building and Construction sector in Australia, we can share the three key factors that can make or break these businesses:
- Raw material supply optimisation to minimise re-work
- Access to high quality branded steel products and the ability to leverage awareness for promotion of end products; and
- Time in waiting improvements to reduce bottlenecks.
The Steel Efficiency Review® has identified savings for these customers in two key operational areas:
- Transportation – with key findings ranging from freight support to improvements in scheduled freight;
- Processing – with key findings ranging from additional processing work involving third parties to additional processing work conducted by our operations,
We have uncovered there is a strong need for Quality semi-finished products that have passed through rigorous checks for accuracy, tolerance and grade. Read more about our SER® findings and some key statistics regarding businesses serving the Building and Construction sector in Australia here.
For more information contact your local SER® representative. If you haven’t registered for an SER® click this link: http://steelefficiencyreview.com.au/register-now/