There has been a lot of press lately on Australia’s Defence Industry. The first ever Defence Industrial Capability Plan has now been released, outlining Australia’s long-term vision and objectives for our defence industry, and how the government and defence will partner with industry to achieve that vision.
The plan highlights a range of opportunities for Australia’s defence industry over the next decade. According to a recent article in Manufacturers Monthly the initial Capability Priorities comprise:
- Collins-class submarine maintenance and technology upgrade
- Continuous Shipbuilding Program (including rolling submarine acquisition)
- Land Combat Vehicle and technology upgrade
- Enhanced Active and Passive Phased Array Radar Capability
- Combat clothing survivability and signature reduction technologies
- Advanced signal processing capability in electronic warfare, cyber and information security, and signature management technologies and operations
- Surveillance and intelligence data collection, analysis, dissemination and complex systems integration
- Test, evaluation, certification and systems assurance
- Munitions and small arms research, design, development and manufacture
- Aerospace platform deep maintenance
Implementation of the Plan will be supported by Australian industrial strategies for each of the six Integrated Investment Program capability streams and Implementation Plans for each Sovereign Industrial Capability Priority from mid-2019. This provides huge opportunities for Australian manufacturers looking to re-invent their businesses and products.
Our SER® looks to support businesses aiming to re-design their operations and manufacturing capabilities. The Steel Efficiency Review® aims to provide recommendations to change and improve our customer’s business and at the same time our product and service offer.
Download our State of Market Reports for our insights and learnings after completing 1,011 Steel Efficiency Review® consultations on businesses of all shapes and sizes across Australia. To register for your own FREE Steel Efficiency Review® click here.
Article Source: Manufacturers Monthly
Image Source: Department Of Defence